Glynis Ablon, M.D.
Assistant Clinical Professor U.C.L.A.
Board Certified in Dermatology
Fellowship Oculoplastic Surgery
Employment: Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery
Ablon Skin Institute, August 2001 to present
Associate, Little Co. of Mary. April 1997 to present
Associate, Laser Institute for Dermatology. May 1999 to July 2001
Associate, Beverly Hills Med. Mgt.: Sept 1996 to March 1997
Hospital and Teaching Privileges:
UCLA-VA: Assistant Clinical Professor
Little Company of Mary: Teaching staff
Fellowship Oculoplastic surgery, Sinsky Eye Institute, Santa Monica, CA. July 1999 to Dec. 1999
Residency: Dermatology at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX. July 1993 to July 1996
Internship: Internal Medicine at Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA. July 1992 to July 1993
Medical School: The George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C. August 1988 to May 1992, M.D. degree.
Undergraduate: Pomona College, The Claremont Colleges, Claremont, CA. September 1984 to May 1988. Bachelor of Arts (French Literature), Cum laude.
High School: Westlake School for Girls, Beverly Hills, CA. September 1978 to June 1984. Cum Laude with departmental honors in Mathematics and French, Dean's Honor List.
1. Glynis Ablon, A. Rotunda: Phosphatidylcholine: Dermatologic Surgery March 2004
2. Glynis Ablon, T. Rosen. Cutaneous Herpesvirus Infection Update: Part 1. Consultant. Aug. 1997, 37 (8): 2021-2042.
3. Glynis Ablon, T. Rosen. Cutaneous Herpesvirus Infection Update: part 2 and 3. Consultant Sept. 1997, 37 (9): 2443-2455, 2459-2463.
4. Glynis Ablon. Sun Damage and Sunscreen. Goodnews Health and Fitness. Summer 1997: 20.
5. Glynis Ablon and Ted Rosen. Cutaneous Signs of Systemic Disease: A Guide to Gleaning Diagnostic Clues from the Skin. Consultant. Apr. 1994, 34 (4): 495-512.
6. Glynis Ablon and Ted Rosen. Bacterial Skin Infections: Diagnostic Clues and Treatment Choices. Consultant, Nov. 1994, 34 (11): 1525-1542.
7. Glynis Ablon and Ted Rosen. Protozoan Skin Infections: The World Traveler and the Unwanted Companion. Consultant, Apr. 1995, 35 (4): 461-468.
8. Glynis Ablon and Ted Rosen. A Comparative Study of Three New Topical Antifungal Medications. International Journal of Dermatology, July 1996.
9. C. Lebbe, M. Rybojad, G. Ablon, P. Morel, Extensive Human Papilloma Virus - Related Disease (Bowenoid Papulosis, Bowen's Disease, and Squamous Cell Carcinoma) in a Pt with Hairy Cell Leukemia: Clinical and Immunology Evaluation after an Interferon-alpha Trial. Journal Amer Acad Dermatol. Oct. 1993, 29 (4): 644-646.
10. G. Ablon and T. Rosen. Travel-Related Helminthic Skin Infections. Consultant. May '95, 35 (3): 631-39.
11. G. Ablon and C. Myrie-Williams, Necrobiosis Lipoidica: A Novel Treatment Approach. Submitted
12. C. Lebbe, G. Ablon et. al. Dermatomyositis and Cyanoacrylate Exposure. Submitted for publication.
13. C. Lebbe. G. Ablon et. al. Thalidomide for the Treatment of Aphthous Ulcers in HIV. Submitted
14. G. Ablon, P. Le Boit, and R. Barr, Dermatofibromas: Three New Histopathologic Variants. Submitted
- Women's Wellness Conference, Torrance, California: Less is More-Non-Invasive Cosmetic Surgery. 3/4/05
- American Academy of Dermatology Annual Conference, New Orleans, Louisianna: Speaking on Botox. 02/05
- International Mesotherapy Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada: Speaking on Phosphatidylcholin Injections. 01/05
- ABC Television: Life of Luxury ThermaPhoto™ and Hand Rejuvenation. Glynis Ablon M.D. Fall/04
- Lifetime Television: Speaking of Women's Health Laser Treatments for Facial Scars. Glynis Ablon M.D.. Fall/04
- International Mesotherapy Conference, Tucson, Arizona: Speaking on Phosphatidylcholin Injections. 09/04
- Skin Cancer Foundation Cosmetic Surgery Conference, Orlando, Florida: Speaking on Phosphatidylcholin Injections. 5/04
- Style & E! Entertainment Television: "Stripped" New Laser Treatments. Glynis Ablon M.D.. Fall 2003 / Spring 2004
- Style & E! Entertainment Television: "Stripped" Botox. Glynis Ablon M.D. 5/03
- Lifetime Television: Speaking of Women's Health Sun Damage, both Protection and Prevention. Glynis Ablon M.D. 10/12/02
- Fox Television: The Rob Nelson Show Botox. Glynis Ablon M.D. 9/16/02
- Glow Television: Glow Television Skin Care. Glynis Ablon M.D. 4/25/02
- CBS Television: Woman2Woman Leg Vein Laser Treatments. Glynis Ablon M.D. 8/22/01
- CBS Television: Woman2Woman Blu-U(TM). Glynis Ablon M.D. 5/15/01
- CBS Television: Woman2Woman Botox Update. Glynis Ablon M.D. 5/2/01
- CBS Television: Woman2Woman Laser Tone Facial. Glynis Ablon M.D. 2/7/01
- CBS Television: Woman2Woman Pumpkin Peel. Glynis Ablon M.D. 12/5/00
- CBS Television: Woman2Woman Laser Hair Removal. Glynis Ablon M.D. 11/1/00
- Beach Cities Health District: Skin Cancer Awareness lecture by Glynis Ablon M.D. 5/13/99
- Fox Television Fit TV: Fit Resort & Spa Skin Care with Dr. Glynis Ablon M.D. 1/29/99
- E! Entertainment Television: Skin. Glynis Ablon M.D.. 11/98
- French Academy of Dermatology annual meeting, Paris, France: A Comparative study of three new topical antifungal agents. Glynis Ablon M.D., and Ted Rosen, M.D., 12/95
Extracurricular Society Activities:
Academy of Lipo-Suction Surgery, fellow 1997-present
American Academy of Dermatology, fellow 1993-present
American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Inc., fellow 1995-present
American Society for Dermatologic Surgery 2002-present
California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, member 2000-present
Pacific Dermatologic Society, member 1999-present
American Association for Sexually Transmitted Diseases, member 1999-present
Los Angeles Metropolitan Dermatologic Society, member 1998-present
Women's Dermatology Society, 1995-present
Medical Director Skin Cancer Screening, Medical Institute Little Co. of Mary, 2000-present
Phi-Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity 1988-1992
Alcohol and Substance Abuse Program (ASAP) with AMSA, volunteer 1988-1989
Women's Water Polo team, Pomona College 1984-1988